- How long is the intake process?
It depends on the motivation of the applicant. It can be from 2 to 6 weeks.
- What is the cost? Life Challenge asks residents to provide $500.00 a month to support their stay. However, we understand that most residents cannot support their stay due to financial hardships. We ask that the student or her family do what they can. We have never turned away a person in need because of lack of financial funding.
- How long is the program?
Our Program is at least 12 months.
- What should I bring with me when I enter the program?
A suggested clothing list will be given to you upon acceptance into the program.
- What does a typical day look like?
Life Challenge WNC is a very structured program. Residents arise at 7:00 a.m. and are responsible for completing their chores. This is followed by breakfast, group devotions, and Bible time. Recovery classes begin at 10:00 am and last until 4:00 p.m. There will be time for a break between classes and for lunch. There is one hour of fitness scheduled every day except church days. Residents must be in their rooms at 9:00 p.m. and lights out is at 10:00 p.m.
- Do you offer counseling?
Life Challenge provides several types of counseling. Some of the types offered are: substance abuse, group, Pastoral/Christ-centered, and individual counseling. Individual counseling addresses issues concerning depression, grief, family, etc. We provide over 300 hours of counseling per resident per year.
- Do you work outside the program?
We do not allow the residents to work outside the program. Our goal is for the residents to focus solely on their recovery and relationship with the Lord.
- How often should I call?
You will need to call weekly to express interest in entering our treatment facility. The applications are not selected at random, or on a first come, first served basis. Serious consideration and prayer are given to each applicant.